January 17, 2011 11:45 AM
Filed Under: Sales and marketing
Blogs are important for your website's SEO. By ensuring that your blog content has lots of naturally occuring keywords to help longtail search and by working hard to garner relevant, reputable links, you can improve your overall traffic and search engine rankings. Unfortunately, getting links for your blog isn't always an easy task. That's why we put together this list of 6 ways to build links for your blog.
- Write compelling content.This is perhaps the most obvious point on our list, but also the most important: if you don't have compelling content then you won't get as many relevant links. You need to give your audience something that they want to link to.
- Write guest blog posts. Writing on other high-traffic industry blogs and including a link to your website is a great way to promote your own blog and encourage linking. Users that find your content useful on other blogs, are more likely to visit your blog, spread your content and provide links to your blog within their circle of influence online.
- Make it easy for visitors to share your content. Ensure that your blog makes it easy for you visitors to email, tweet or share your content in their favorite way. This improves the chances that they will spread your content to other users who may choose to link to it.
- Comment on other blogs. Becoming a regular commenter on high-traffic industry blogs is a great way to not only build relationships with other bloggers (who may link back to you in the future) and a way to promote your content and relevant resources.
- Submit your blog to relevant blog directories. Blog directories are a good way to indicate to search engines and longtail users the topic of your blog and can help to drive more traffic and links for your blog.
- Syndicate your content through social media. Using social media websites to spread your content and including links to your blog on your profile is a good way to build links. Social media users are one of the biggest groups of linkers, especially if you manage to produce content that ends up going viral.
Of course these are by no means all the methods for building blog links. What linking tactics for blogs have you found to be most effective? What challenges have you faced when trying to build blog links?
Originally posted on Marqui's Web Marketing Blog
|Blogger Profile: Marqui Web Marketing Blog|
|Marqui's Web Marketing Blog is brought to you by their marketing and consulting team to share ideas, best practices and trends from the world of web marketing. The blog aims to cover a broad array of topics relating to web marketing including content management, conversion optimization, SEO, email marketing and lead nurturing.|