July 6, 2011 9:15 AM
I looked at this blog's stats recently and noticed my post on Canadian Job Posting Sites for Internet Professionals from 2008 is not only my top blog post of all time but continues to be popular every month. I haven't been on the look-out for a job in ages, but I know some of the sources I previously listed are no longer relevant. So I have updated my list and included it below.
All sites all appear to free for job-seekers. Rates for employers to post jobs vary greatly, from free (Craigslist) to expensive (Workopolis, Monster).
The Big Ones
These sites have a large number of Canadian jobs overall, and Internet jobs in particular. One can post one's resume here and create alerts to have postings emailed to you regularly.
Internet and IT specific
- Job Bank - job listings by Service Canada
Communications & Digital Media
- ProBlogger - jobs for bloggers
- International Association of Business Communicators (IABC) - has Canadian and international listings
- JeffGaulin - journalism jobs
- Applied Arts design-oriented jobs
- Charity Village - usually has Internet and IT jobs posted
- Ontario Public Sector Careers
- Public Service Commission of Canada - jobs with the federal government
Originally posted on Webslinger
- Academia.edu - academic jobs
- Guru - for freelancers of various professions, including Internet)
Glen's experience in the Internet has covered the full spectrum from coding to content, and from planning to promotion. This gives him a unique ability to help direct a company’s online strategy, while also having the know-how to lead a project to successful completion.
Posted by Sue Ansell at July 6, 2011 9:15 AM